Job Title: Community Enterprise Manager (CEM)
Download Job Spec: Community Enterprise Manager (Word doc)
Part time role: Three days a week equivalent (flexible working accommodated)
Salary: £1250 – £1350 dependant on experience
The overall aim of the CEM position is to expand and promote the small, micro and social enterprise sector within Hammersmith and Fulham with a focus on areas of high deprivation including:
- Promoting and supporting local entrepreneurial activity through establishing a network of local entrepreneurs
- Improve the wealth and well-being of unemployed and otherwise disadvantaged residents
- Linking local residents with the wider local business community
- Overseeing the operational and development of the Start Your Own Enterprise Programme
- Responsibility for safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Building links with community services, both statutory and voluntary which will be of value to service users
- Rich localised knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure service provision is properly managed to deliver high quality and effective services that meet contractual requirements and the needs of service users.
- Develop, implement and review service provision to ensure it meets the quality levels and targets set by partners/funders and reporting progress through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure that performance targets are met, and effective systems are in place to monitor and review performance to allow corrective action.
- Design and implement new reporting methods and report on their progress and development to partners/funders.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and quality assurance procedures are in place to maintain high quality service delivery and to meet targets (e.g. referrals, recruitment, retention and outcomes).
- Work with the Programme Manager to develop and maintain best practice systems, structures and procedures and ensure they are implemented within the service.
- Ensure the development of the borough wide consortium and the effective development of the consortium and professional relationships are developed and maintained with referral agencies and key local stakeholders. Ensure that where collaborative working is required or where staff are based with an agency partner that the highest standards of professional behaviour are adhered to and protocols, policies, confidentiality of information and security of the partner are maintained.
- Ensure the project deals with complaints both from service users and external individuals/agencies promptly and in line with the complaints procedure.
- Represent, publicise and promote the work of the Enterprise programme for the area, building a positive profile that will encourage the participation of service users, partners and funders.
- Create and maintain relationships with funders, partners and external bodies to enhance the quality of the service, develop business and ensure that performance objectives are aligned to the appropriate bodies
- Contribute to tenders for new and existing work, providing input to bids to enable their success and sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Ensure financial control of projects by monitoring performance and taking appropriate action where necessary to address any problems.
- Where appropriate, ensure property facilities are adequately managed to ensure a safe and clean environment, are maintained and assessed for fire and health and safety risks and are compliant with all other relevant legislation, reporting and escalating issues as necessary.
- Ensure that management information (e.g. performance against targets or budgets) is collected, analysed and reported to enable the projects in the service/cluster to monitor their success and progress. This will also include writing reports as and when required.
- Work as part of the management team. This will involve attending management meetings, meeting with partners and strategic bodies, training and working groups as required.
- Engage fully in regular supervision with the Programme Manager
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times and comply with legislation and statutory duties.
- Adhere to Data Control and Information Sharing Protocol at all times.
- Act in line with, promote and carry out all responsibilities with full regard to Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Ensure individual expertise and subject area knowledge is up to date through Continuous Personal Development, including sharing good practice, engaging with training and acquiring / maintaining any individual qualifications required of the role.
- As necessary, and in addition to the above, undertake other activities commensurate with the nature of the post.
This job description may be reviewed and amended periodically in line with the requirements of the organisation.
Specific objectives and accountabilities to be discussed and agreed with the Programme Manager, and recorded in performance planning and review documentation.
Other information on the post, along with terms and conditions and details of where the role sits within Petit Miracles, will be provided separately.
• Proven track record of managing service delivery.
• Personal drive to excel in a business development role.
• Experience of effective partnership working with a range of stakeholders at a local level.
• Evidence of previous experience in a business development role and/or creating consortiums.
• Can work independently.
• Experience of team working.
• Experience of delivering high performing services.
• Experience preparing, managing and reporting financial and performance information.
• Knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Knowledge of the work of the service and how it integrates with partners, funders and external organisations.
• Knowledge of the support needs of multi disadvantaged groups.
Main Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent skills as a communicator, both verbally and in writing, adapting style to differing situations.
• Organisational and planning skills, able to deal with conflicting priorities.
• Able to work in a busy, fast-moving environment.
• Ability to work flexibly.
• Ability to work proactively.
• Personal commitment to equality and inclusion.
• Management qualification.
• Health and Safety at Work qualification.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work and the legislative requirements relating to premises, equipment and activities.
• Experience managing contracts with external agencies / partners.
JOB TITLE: Community Enterprise Manager
REPORTS TO: Programme Manager
LOCATION: West12 Shopping Ctr, Shepherd’s Bush, London, W12 8PP
About Petit: Petit Miracle’s, a registered charity, occupies empty property to create social value in local community. We run two projects: Petit Miracle Interiors provides furniture restoration training, DIY & upcycling workshops to people who have been long-term unemployed. We divert items from landfill, occupy vacant property all whilst creating social value.
Petit Miracle Hub, is a business incubation project which gives access to the retail market to local small businesses, providing training, mentorship and community.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a cover note explaining why you think that you would be a good fit for the role to Elisicia.