Looking for interesting training options? Petit Miracle Interiors offers 6 hour taster days in Interior Design. This course is of interest to anyone interested in pursuing a career in design or just interested in having a fun day out.
Learners are offered an interesting training opportunity, the chance to do something different, a change from their regular routine.
- Learn a new skill
- Encourage social skills in a fun, group learning environment
- Support people to be looking to their future in a positive light.
Our taster day provides an introduction to the world of interior design and is aimed at those people interested in pursuing interior design as a career or interested in learning new skills they can implement in their own home. The taster session is taught by a professional Interior Designer.
Introduction to Interior Design Taster Day introduces the following:
- Basics of colour theory
- Space planning
- Lighting effects
- Design and Furniture styles
By experiencing the combined teaching methods and practical studio work, Learners will gain a basic understanding of:
- How to produce a visual interpretation of a designed space
- Exploring colour, lighting and furniture in the interior
- How to design and plan a space
- How to develop a suitable palette of materials and finishes
- Basic presentation techniques
The design process is taught through a one room project. Learners will be asked to pick a room of their choice and produce a mood board; they will then have the option to present their board at the end of the course demonstrating their learning achievements.
The taster day courses are not accredited but are the introduction to the Level One National Open College Network, Art and Design units and/or Diploma Course.
Interested? To take advantage of this opportunity click here